Nissan NV Offers Breakthrough Design, Brings New Thinking to Commercial Vehicles Van Segment. Research showed that commercial van owners are the least satisfied of any vehicle segment, with many van owners disposing of their vehicles in favor of light duty trucks despite the compromise of convenience and utility. In developing the new Nissan NV, one of the overarching goals was to combine pickup truck-like comfort, interior amenities and drivability with a cargo van’s capacity and security.
Regardless of what your business industry is, if the need for commercial vans exist within your business dealings, then the Nissan NV is the right vehicle for you. In fact, one could ague that the Nissan NV is "the only" vehicle for you. All around, from the outside to the inside, the Nissan NV commercial vehicles was design with your business needs in mind.
Nissan is known as a leading in coming up with sleek and beautiful vehicle designs. The Nissan NV follows in this tradition. Whether you get the High Roof or the Standard Roof version, you can run your business with a commercial van that makes you look good.
- Body-on-frame construction
- Choice of Standard Roof or High Roof body
- Strong masculine styling with iconic Nissan signature front end design
- Long hood for easy engine compartment access and serviceability
- Large side panels for advertising or business signage
- Large, wide-opening front and rear doors, sliding passenger-side door
- Standard Roof models fit in most garages and fast food/bank drive-through lanes and car washes
- Integrated roof attachment points for durable installation of roof mounted ladder and utility racks
- High Roof models provide easy cargo area ingress and egress, comfortable walk-through and stand up capability
Answering one of the major unmet owner needs – driver comfort and roominess – the Nissan NV interior starts with wide front doors for easy ingress and egress, supportive bucket seating with extensive adjustability, large armrests and a truck-like driving position with ample legroom and foot room. The available center console (removable) provides a range of integrated storage features, while the fold-down passenger seat – which is unique to the segment – adds worktable functionality and enhances the cab’s feeling of openness. From the seats forward the NV looks, acts and feels like a pickup. You don’t have to take apart the interior to access the engine and you don’t have to worry about tucking your work boots into a cramped footwell,” said Castelli. “But, make no mistake, behind the seats the NV is a pure, practical van.
Engines and Driveline:
- Front engine/rear-wheel drive
- 4.0-liter 24-valve DOHC aluminum-alloy V6 rated at 261 horsepower and 281 lb-ft of torque
- 5.6-liter 32-valve DOHC aluminum-alloy V8 rated at 317 horsepower and 385 lb-ft of torque
- Standard 5-speed automatic transmission
- Independent front suspension with stabilizer bar, solid rear axle with leaf springs and stabilizer bar
- Engine-speed-sensitive hydraulic re-circulating ball steering system
- Heavy-duty 4-wheel disc brakes with 14.30inch front/14.1-inch rear rotors and 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- 17-inch steel wheels and LT245/70R17 all-season tires
SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Dual-stage supplemental front air bags
- 3-point front seat belts with pretensioners and load limiters
- Available supplemental front seat-mounted side-impact air bags and roof-mounted supplemental curtain air bags
A commercial van must serve many more functions today, including acting as a mobile office for time spent on the road or at a job site. We've made storage and productivity items integral to the design, rather than tacked-on afterthoughts. The result is a clean, practical and comfortable workspace for a wide variety of professions and businesses.
Inspired by customer needs and usage, the Nissan NV offers an amazing array of smart functionality features, including storage pockets, spaces and compartments designed to provide secure access to the typical commercial customers’ everyday use objects. An under seat drawer, for example, fits small tools, stationary or first aid kits, while the deep door pockets fit flashlights, legal-size binders and clipboards. High Roof models offer an available overhead console designed to hold work gloves, legal size binders, safety glasses and system books. The available lockable center console (removable) fits hanging files and laptop computers -- and includes a computer or mobile phone charging point, as well as a lid that slides forward to provide a more usable work surface.
Along with being conceived as a "mobile office," the Nissan NV is designed to function as a "mobile workshop" -- thanks to its simple, flexible cargo area layout. Along with offering wide door openings, the NV offers room between the wheelhouses to accommodate standard plywood or drywall sheets or pallets. There are also a range of cargo area tie-down rings and ample cargo area lighting.